Op-Ed: I have seen this plastered all over various social channels. I have a number of questions:
- Is this for real?
- Is this from the same social media outlet that periodically runs a special called “Trump’s Tweet Featured in the News”?
- What is the purpose of that?
- It would appear that the purpose is to create hateful dialogue between the key players in an already divisive nation, and further, world.
- Do these new rules apply to Twitter themselves, or just select Twitter handles that do not support their leadership’s political leanings?
- Do they apply to Mashable’s tweets, who seem overly polarized against a sitting president?
- Is this from the same establishment that is complaining about undue influence from Russian agitators?
Regardless of one’s political leanings, this move is obviously meant to use an official stance to justify the stymieing of voices that need to be heard, whether you agree with them or not.
It started with Facebook. Others are following suit. Now, Twitter.
Reducing hateful conduct and abusive behavior, I get.
But that is not what this is. This is a pathway to 1987.
That is my opinion, only.
#social #twitter #freedomofspeech #codango #coder #coding #css #developer #development